This Lemon Hen Pasta is full of taste and is next-level scrumptious. With an unimaginable mix of seasonings, recent herbs, and tangy lemon, it’s a pasta dish you’ll come again to repeatedly.
Why We Love This Lemon Hen Pasta
If you’re searching for a simple, downright scrumptious dinner concept.. you’ve come to the suitable place. This Lemon Hen Pasta has been one which my children have beloved for years. The flavour is completely distinctive. The rooster is marinated in soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, and a slew of yummy seasonings. Then the ultimate dish is tossed in a recent herby combination and topped with grated parmesan. It’s so vivid and flavorful… I simply know you’re going to like it as a lot as we do. Plus it’s spectacular sufficient for entertaining, however easy sufficient for weeknight dinners.
And it comes collectively fairly quick, too! Cube up the rooster and get it marinating within the morning. Then as soon as it’s time to prepare dinner dinner, you will get the entire thing on the desk in underneath 20 minutes. And is there something higher than an incredible dinner which you could get on the desk in much less time than it takes to run via the drive-thru? Possibly a private chef. However till that day comes.. this can be a actually shut second.
Components You’ll Have to Make this Lemon Hen Pasta:
For the Pasta:
- Linguine– this hearty pasta holds up nicely to the tremendous flavorful sauce. Spaghetti noodles would additionally work.
- Olive Oil
- Lemon– You’ll use the juice and the zest for this recipe!
- Inexperienced Onions
- Contemporary Parsley
- Parmesan Cheese– You’ll need to use shredded Parmesan cheese, not grated.
- Boneless Skinless Hen Breast
For the Marinade:
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce– I at all times use low-sodium soy sauce.
- Lemon Juice– You’ll need to be sure to make use of recent lemon juice on this recipe!
- Contemporary Garlic Cloves
- Brown Sugar
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Dried Thyme
The right way to Make this Insanely Scrumptious Lemon Hen Pasta Dish:
- Make the marinade. In a small bowl, whisk collectively the olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, recent garlic, brown sugar, and seasonings. Put aside.
- Prep the rooster. Reduce the rooster into small chunk sized items. Place in a ziplock bag (or shallow bowl) and pour within the marinade. Refrigerate for at the least an hour, or for as much as 12 hours. The longer it sits the extra tender and flavorful your rooster can be!
- Combine up the herbs for the pasta. In a small bowl, stir collectively the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, sliced inexperienced onions, and minced parsley.
- Cook dinner the pasta. Boil a big pot of water. Cook dinner pasta to al dente in line with the bundle instructions. Drain and return the pasta to the pot.
- Cook dinner the rooster. Warmth a big skillet over medium excessive warmth. Add the rooster together with the marinade to the preheated pan. Unfold in a good layer and prepare dinner, stirring often, till the rooster is cooked via, about 5-6 minutes.
- Toss the whole lot collectively. Pour the cooked rooster and marinade over the drained pasta together with the lemon and herb combination. Toss the whole lot collectively, then toss with recent parmesan cheese. Style and season with kosher salt and cracked black pepper if desired. High with recent parsley and lemon wedges; serve instantly.
Suggestions & Strategies
How do you jazz up boring pasta?
Pasta makes a daily look on dinner tables throughout the nation for good motive. It’s quick, straightforward, economical, and will be ready in numerous other ways. However it might run the danger of getting boring. This recipe is something however. The seasoning combine has a cajun spice taste that offers the entire thing a flavorful warmth. The soy sauce brings a pleasant umami taste, after which the entire thing is brightened up with recent herbs and tangy lemon juice.
What do you serve with Lemon Hen Pasta?
I prefer to serve this pasta with a inexperienced veggie or good salad. Listed here are a few of my favorites:
Variations and Substitutions
Use recent shrimp or salmon as an alternative of rooster. If utilizing shrimp, solely marinate for about half-hour. Cook dinner for 4-5 minutes or till pink and opaque.
If desired, you should utilize 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning instead of the seasoning combination within the recipe. If you’d like further warmth, you can too add 1/4 teaspoon of pink pepper flakes.
You need to use quite a lot of completely different pasta for this recipe. Fettuccini, linguini, or spaghetti are our favorites. However you may additionally make it with a brief pasta like bowtie or ziti.
How ought to I retailer leftovers?
Retailer leftover lemon rooster pasta in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
Searching for Extra Scrumptious Pasta Recipes?
Tangy Lemon Hen Pasta
This Lemon Hen Pasta is full of taste and is next-level scrumptious. With an unimaginable mix of seasonings, recent herbs, and tangy lemon, it is a pasta dish you will come again to repeatedly.
Servings: 8 servings
For the marinade: In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, brown sugar, and seasonings. Whisk to mix.
Reduce the rooster into strips or bite-sized items. Put the rooster right into a shallow bowl or ziplock bag. Pour the marinade over the rooster. Refrigerate for at the least an hour, or for as much as 12 hours.
For the pasta: Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, inexperienced onions, and parsley in a small bowl. Stir to mix.
Cook dinner the pasta in evenly salted water in line with bundle instructions. Drain, and return the pasta to the pot. Pour the lemon juice/inexperienced onion combination over the pasta and toss to mix.
Warmth a big skillet over medium warmth. Add the rooster and the marinade to the skillet. Unfold out into a good layer and prepare dinner for 5-6 minutes or till the rooster is cooked via.
Add the rooster and cooked marinade over the pasta and toss the whole lot collectively. Add the recent parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve instantly.
Energy: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 22g | Fats: 14g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Trans Fats: 0.01g | Ldl cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 614mg | Potassium: 428mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 399IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you’ll discover a number of scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your children to eat higher and turn into intuitive eaters and plenty of assets for feeding your loved ones.
Study Extra about Natalie